Pecan Date Cookies with Chia Seeds
Cookies made with 100% whole food ingredients for a healthy treat anytime.
- 1½ cups pecan
- 1 cup dates, pitted (about 12)/ or Date Paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax or chia seeds + 3 tablespoons water)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the dates and pecans together until a crumbly texture is formed. Add in the salt, baking soda, vanilla and flax egg and process again until the batter is relatively smooth. Add in the chocolate chips and briefly pulse, just to combine.
- Spoon the batter onto a lined baking sheet, and use your hands to gently flatten the cookie dough. (Tip: Wet your hands with water to prevent sticking!) Bake at 350F for 12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden. Allow to cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve immediately, and store the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer for best shelf life. These cookies should last a week in the fridge, and a month or more in the freezer.
Recipe and image courtesy of Detoxinista.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.