Coffee Date Bread
- 1 cup chopped Sahara dates
- or 1 cup of Sahara Date Paste
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x4inch loaf pan. Line the bottom of pan with parchment paper.
- Place dates in a small bowl, sprinkle the baking soda over. Heat coffee to boiling, pour over dates and soda. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter, sugar and egg until well blended. Stir in vanilla. Blend in flour and salt, then fold in pecans and date mixture. Transfer the batter to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven, or until the top of loaf springs back when lightly touched.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Peel off paper, and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.